Skip to main content

North Sumatera Earthquake 2017

I spent my childhood in a country where the eruption of Krakatoa happened. If you're wondering what's Krakatoa, go on and click here
Well now I have to admit that i was a little brat who longed for earthquake during school time so everyone can go home. I can't remember precisely but the earthquake that got me in awe was the Nias Tsunami. TVs and Newspapers talked about it, even the TV Crew cried in front of the camera. I had new friends from Nias who survived and moved to my school. I was still too young back then to realize how an earthquake can cause pain and sadness in someone. Brainless it is wtf.
Till today, I was enjoying a bowl of Indomie and quality time with my friends in a karaoke bar. All of sudden, we saw everyone running away from the aisle, I was insensitive again, wtf sorry, but one of my friends who sat nearby the aisle door shouted "COMEON! EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!!!"
I panicked too so four of us made our way to the front. The tremors were real like seriously I can feel that it definitely came from my city itself as we were only at the first floor of the building but the tremors damn mad. I don't know how to explain it but we thought we were going to die.
 
I swear this bulky speaker was about to fall. My mum n dad were at home, everyone was super worried as phone connection was down. I was worried yes, as my mum and dad were staying over my sister's 5th floor house.
After a while the earthquake stopped, connection is back again, we went back home.. with the technology nowadays, in seconds we found out that the earthquake really came from Sumatera Island and it was only 5.5 SR. My heart broke in pieces, thinking of those days with great earthquake in Haiti, Aceh, Tsunami in Nias, and all.
I had headache and my mind races to everywhere.
This is just the beginning of year and we were threatened by the earthquake. It feels like God is giving us warning cause Humans been to busy with the life and forgot the real purpose of life. Humans have no power and control over everything. They bound to something and one day it will stop. The only eternal thing is God's Grace and often we forget about that. 
That's the only thing that I would jot down to remember. Others are rubbish and negative such as how if the earthquake did not stop there but goes on till 9/10SR and everyone get injured. Lolol. Also if, the volcano erupts and all. We all know that natural disaster is unstoppable, at this point i just hope that everything will be under God's control.

Comments